Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Mat Planet - Power Rangers FAAC Entry


Rangers Imperium

There are a lot of cool Gokaiger aka Power Ranger designs out there, and I thought I could make a type based one that had huge numbers on the front of the suits, but alas, they beat me to it. The Tokusou Sentai Dekarangers aka Power Rangers S.P.D. already did that. So I did something else - I used Roman numerals, and gave them a Roman-themed name.
I stayed pretty classic with the suits being mostly simple jumpsuits plus some neat helmets and light armor on the shoulders, but had some fun with the ladies. Can they fight in those boots and heels? Who cares, they look cool. But I would like to return to this someday when I get more time to really push the style a bit further.
And the type means "Akiba-chan" which is a Japanese slang term for "Akihabara style." Akihabara is a district in Tokyo where many otaku, or obsessive anime, manga, and video game fans are known to gather for geek stuff.

No comments: